Senior Tax Accountant
Location: Puerto Rico
Employment type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday and weekend availability
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in month-end closing process including notes, tax and accrual journal entries.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Prepare New Markets Tax and Financial Reporting, including the preparation of Tax Returns, Payment of Estimated Taxes and follow up on receipts, monthly preparation of current and deferred tax calculations, notifications and other statutory taxes i.e. Green Levy and Turnover Taxes.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Find and recommend opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, among others.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits, including FIN48, and special tax related projects.
- Coordinate and monitor tax engagement and invoices.
- Help as key contact point and relationship with third party contracted tax team on all tax and other issues as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as Tax Accountant or similar position
- Proficient in MS Office (Advanced Excel in particular) and an accounting software (Oracle preferrable)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving
CFG Partners ("CFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout CFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off