Sr. Programmer Analyst
Workplace type: Hybrid (3 days office/2 days from home)
Employment type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday and weekend availability
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate technical expertise in consumer credit.
- Determine best approach to meet the business requirements based on expertise of consumer credit and financial systems.
- Scope, create and document CFG business requirements.
- Plan and oversee all aspects of assigned projects.
- Work closely with the IT leadership and other departmental leaders to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule to meet the business needs.
- Create project plans and track tasks. Report on project progress regularly to IT leadership and key stake holders.
- Provide ad-hoc support for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of operational solutions, applications, interfaces and flat-files.
- Ability to access, query and link multiple relational databases and data sources.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining of new software applications including developing written specifications, prototyping, coding, testing, documenting and training end-users.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and SQL Server Integration Services (SSI) based on business requirements and specifications.
- Develop SQL databases (MSSQL 2005 through 2016) and write applications to interface with various databases (Oracle and MS databases).
- Produce and maintain program code, provide progress reports, and perform code review and peer feedback.
- Develop database packages, tables, complex stored procedures, views, functions, and queries, utilizing strong T-SQL and/or PL/SQL experience to maintain production data and provide development support.
- Analyze, transform, merge, troubleshoot, test and validate for data accuracy and integrity.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of consumer portfolios, as directed.
- Ensure that appropriate reporting of activity is in alignment with CFG policy as well as pertinent accounting/regulatory guidance.
- Use Oracle and/or Microsoft development tools, MSSQL-Server or similar RDBMS application development Suite, VSS Code Repository Version Control, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Microsoft Power BI.
- Provide guidance using OLTP, OLAP data constructs and creating ETL for CFG’s Data warehouse project.
- Provide support to ERP systems in a Financial Services environment including Oracle Daybreak or Oracle (EBS) E-Business Suite.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following academic fields: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience. 2 years of experience in reporting systems, database management and analytics in the consumer finance industry. Strong MSSQL Server including the following technologies SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Integration Services (SSI), ETL, and Power BI. Ability to write optimized, queries against large data sets using SQL/Oracle Developer. Proficiency in writing and tuning SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions. Experience with Oracle Relational Database (PL-SQL). Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Access.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and determine course of action
- Ability to clearly document business requirements
- Ability to model, analyze and manage large volumes of data
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand various applications and business intelligence/database tools
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Time management skills, multitask and oriented to problem solving
- Proactive, “can do” attitude
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding both Spanish and English languages
CFG Partners ("CFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout CFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off (18 vacation days & 15 sick days annually)